Saturday 5 August 2017

PAC discussion Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Conversation with Jaehee

What were you learning to do?
How to write diaries. We learned that to write a diary you write in the first person and present or past tense. You have to keep to the same tense.

Anything else you can think of that you were learning to do?
No.

What was your specific learning?
To write a diary entry.

What did Mrs Robson ask you to identify?
If I had written in past or present tense.

Can you tell me about this (Courtney pointed to the sheet where I had given examples of past and present tense sentences)
This is a past tense sentences and this is a present tense sentence. That word says it happened yesterday or some other time and this sentence says it is happening now.
is - present tense - it is happening now
was - past tense - it happened yesterday

Do you like writing?
Sometimes.
Sometimes there is a topic I don't really like.
Lots of times I get to choose what I want to write so most times I do like writing.

When you get stuck in your writing, how does Mrs Robson help you?
Long pause.
With words I can use.
With ideas I could write about.
With talking to me about what I'm learning to do.

How do your parents help you when you write at home?
They don't help me cos I don't write at home.

How have you improved in your writing this year?
More punctuation so it makes more sense.
More ideas so I can write for longer at a time.

NEXT STEPS

Jaehee 
Clarity of learning - to articulate what he is learning to do and why he is learning to do this, to say the remember to's in his own words and identify where there is evidence in his writing.

My Next Steps
Clarity of what we are learning and why.

By the end of Term 2, I will have developed the language of learning so that all students can articulate what they are learning and why they are learning this.

When conferencing:

  • What will I be listening for in your writing?
  • What was the focus of your writing?
  • What was the remember to you were focusing on? 
  • Why are we conferencing today? 








No comments:

Post a Comment